Queen Lovisa Ulrika's Dining Hall is in the Bernadotte Apartments at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The green silk damask on the walls was woven to a pattern designed by Jean Eric Rehn in the 1750s. The oak panelling was painted and gilded in the 18th century, but the panelling was exposed in the late 19th century.
The painted door lintels in the room and the large painting of a deer hunt were painted by the French artist Jean-Baptiste Oudry, and were bought for the Royal Palace of Stockholm in 1740. The portrait of King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika was painted by the French artist Antoine Pesnes in Berlin in the 1740s.
Today, the room is used for meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. The King chairs the council, the members of which represent the Swedish Government and the Riksdag.
Queen Lovisa Ulrika's Dining Hall is open to the public.
Visit the Royal Palace of Stockholm