The Crown Princess Couple attend the Royal Swedish Academy of Music's formal gathering
On Monday 29 November, The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel attended the formal gathering of the Royal Swedish Academy of Music, which is celebrating its 250th anniversary.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Music was established by King Gustav III in 1771. Today, the academy is an independent institution that combines tradition with active involvement in today's music scene.
At this year's formal gathering, The Crown Princess presented the following medals and diplomas:
- Medal for Promoting the Art of Music: Malin Broman, Bo Ejeby, Torgny Hanson, Tommy Körberg, Tomas Löndahl and Katarina (Katalin) Varga
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Music's Medal of Merit in Gold: Staffan Thorslund, Mats Guldbrand and Sverker Lundkvist
- The Hilding Rosenberg Scholarship for Swedish Musicology: Veronika Muchitsch
- The Harald Göransson Scholarship: Ann-Marie Nilsson
- The Mai von Rosen Pedagogical Prize: Mikael Kanarva
- The Göran Lagervall Pedagogical Scholarships: Jessica Colliander and Ulla-Britt Frohm
- The Göran Lagervall Music Scholarship: Ragnhild Sandberg-Jurström
- The Christ Johnson Composer Prize (major): Staffan Storm
- The Christ Johnson Composer Prize (minor): Lisa Streich
- The Håkan Mogren Scholarship: David Risberg
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Music's Composer Prize: Georg Riedel
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Music's Folk Music Prize: Ellika Frisell