The King and The Crown Princess Couple attend a digital meeting on electricity supply
On Thursday 26 August, The King and The Crown Princess Couple held a video meeting with representatives from Swedish industry to find out about electricity supply which supports climate adaptation and societal development.
The King and The Crown Princess Couple met representatives from Swedish industry digitally to learn about how businesses are working to develop modern, fossil-free technology.
Discussions included how Swedish companies are investing significant resources in developing fossil-free technology that supports climate adaptation and societal development.
The following representatives took part in the meeting:
- Fredrik Persson, Chairman of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Lina Håkansdotter, Head of Sustainability and Infrastructure at the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Helena Hedblom, President and CEO of Epiroc
- Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO of AB Volvo
- Jan Secher, President and CEO of Perstorp
- Jenny Larsson, Senior Vice President and Country Managing Director, Sweden at Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Henrik Henriksson, CEO of H2 Green Steel
The meeting was arranged by the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise, and was the fifth of its kind in which Swedish businesses have described how they have been affected by the pandemic.
The Royal Family and the Covid-19 pandemic
The Royal Family are keen to show their support for the initiatives being carried out by society to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Royal Family are staying informed about how the pandemic is affecting Sweden via discussions, digital meetings and visits.
These visits are planned based on current recommendations, and every effort is being made not to take up time and resources unnecessarily.