Customize the website|
  Lyssna  
På svenska
The Royal Wedding

The table setting

The table of honour is decorated with étagères and candelabras, burnished bronzes dating from the 19th century, and with pink and white early summer flowers such as peonies, sweet peas, garden roses, lady's mantle and columbines.

The flowers


A large garland of birch leaves is suspended from the ceiling, with hanging arcs of pink flowers. The flowers at the table of honour are arranged in burnished bronzes from the Royal Collections. Behind the bride and groom is a backdrop of pale pink peonies, hydrangeas and cow parsley.

Glassware


The glassware was given to The King and Queen on the occasion of their wedding in 1976 by the Riksdag and the Government. In other words, this was the Swedish people's wedding gift to the couple.

Silver chargers


The chargers used at the top table were commissioned by King Karl XIV Johan, while the others date back to the late 18th century and were probably commissioned by King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika and by King Gustav III.

The first course


The plates feature the monogram of King Gustaf V and the Swedish emblem of three crowns. They were made by Rörstrand in 1910.

The cutlery was commissioned by Queen Désirée, the first Bernadotte queen. They feature the monogram EBD (Eugenia Bernhardina Desideria), and are gold-plated. They were made in Stockholm around 1830-40.
 

The fish course


The Rosenthal Monbijou plates feature a green floral motif. Late 20th century.

The cutlery is the well-known Swedish design Olga. The forks are Swedish, and were made in the mid-1800s, while the knives in the same design were commissioned by King Gustaf VI Adolf in the 1950s.

The meat course


The plates are decorated with the wording “Drottningholms slott" (“Drottningholm Palace") and a royal crown, and were made by Rörstrand in 1910.

The cutlery was commissioned by Queen Josefina, and the design is called Prince Albert.

Dessert


The dishes feature a motif of butterflies and flowers, and are marked KPM (Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin), 19th century.