The first palace chapel at Ulriksdal (called Jakobsdal at the time) was incorporated in 1662 into the palace´s north wing by Chancellor of the Realm Magnus Gabriel Dela Gardie's architect Jean de la Vallée.
The chapel was extremely elegant, decorated in white and gold. In conjunction with Gustav III's palace renovations the chapel was demolished in 1774.
Karl XV and Queen Lovisa, who took over Ulriksdal in the 1850s, personally participated in the design of the chapel, as well as the new interiors of the palace state rooms.
The chapel has three naves, a higher centre nave and two lower side naves. The ceiling is richly decorated with stencil paintings.
The mid-1600s alter retable is of particular interest from an art history perspective with relic recesses in the crown and beams.
The pulpit chair from the 1500s is decorated with reliefs such as Jesus in front of Pontius Pilate and Petrus cutting off the ear of the high priest's servant.