The chapel was torn down in conjunction with Gustaf III's renovation of the palace in 1774.
The present chapel was designed by architect Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander and was built in the 1860s on a headland south of the palace. The chapel is built in Dutch new Renaissance style with certain influences from Venice.
The chapel´s interior is testimony to Karl XVs great interest in art. The ceiling is decorated with stencil paintings and several fixtures are of great interest from an art history perspective.
Today the chapel is used by the Solna Parish for mass.
The church can also be reserved by the Royal Djurgården Administration for weddings, etc. For more information see Contact us