The library also contains the Bernadotte collection of photographs consisting of more than half a million photographs.
Four palace architects have left their mark on the room, making it an impressive space. The library was first completed in 1796 and was originally built to house the Swedish National Library.
The library can be visited during special events such as theme visits and music evenings. The library can also be visited by advance booking for a guided tours or research.