DaimlerThe first car in the collection was added in 1899, when Gustaf V bought the 1899 model. In 1908 the first service car and chauffeur was employed to service the Royal Court.
Still today a Daimler is used to service the Royal Court. It is used for larger official events. The Royal Mews has twelve cars at its disposal for different tasks.
Daimler. Photo: The Royal Court.
Cadillac Fleetwood. Photo: Charlotte Gawell.
Cadillac FleetwoodThe car is used today for formal audience transportation and for The King and Queen's congratulatory calls. The car is over 6 metres long and has room for seven people. The motor is a V8.
The car is equipped with:
- Servo engineering technique - steering and breaks
- Electronic central locking system
- Air conditioning
- Adjustable steering wheel
- AM/FM radio,
- Electronic adjustable front seats
- Automatic half/curve lights
- Automatic light regulator
- Electronic trunk
The organisation and transportation by car is managed by the Court Secretary, the Head Chauffeur and three assistant chauffeurs.