His mother came of the well-known Tre Rosor ("Three Roses") family. The Palace began to be built in 1634 and was completed four years later.
It was typical of its period, with a very lofty main building and magnificent, richly decorated gables in Dutch-German Renaissance style. In front of the main building was a courtyard enclosed by three lowrise enfilades.
For this he engaged the country's leading architect, Nicodemus Tessin the Younger. New wings were added and fitted out with garden grottoes, which have survived down to the present day.
The tall Renaissance gables of the main building were demolished and the building was given a hipped roof.
These alterations were directed by one of the country's most prominent 18th century architects, Jean Eric Rehn.
On Broman's death in 1757, the property was acquired by the State and placed at the disposal of the young Duke Karl (later King Karl XIII) of Södermanland. This is how Rosersberg became a royal residence.
After 1792 the Palace acquired a number of important new interiors, typified by the Orange and Red Drawing Rooms and the Hogland Room.
Stylistically, this work comes midway between the neo-classical epoch and the subsequent empire period, and the Palace interiors are often referred to as "Karl XIII th Empire".