The official wedding pictures

Previous 1 2 3 Next

The Princess Couple with the bridal attendants. Photo: Ewa-Marie Rundquist/Kungahuset.se

The photographer was Ewa-Marie Rundquist and the photographs were taken outside the Bernadotte Library.

From left to right, first row


Miss Anaïs Sommerlath
Miss Lillie von Horn
Miss Chloé Sommerlath
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Mr Christopher O'Neill
Master Jasper d'Abo
Count Louis Cajetan Abensperg und Traun
Countess Chiara Abensperg und Traun

From left to right, second row


H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip
H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria
H.R.H. Prince Daniel
H.M. Queen Silvia
H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf
Ms Eva Maria O'Neill
Mr Henry d'Abo
Mrs Tatjana d'Abo
Count Ernst Abensperg und Traun
Countess Natascha Abensperg

From left to right, third row


H.R.H. Princess Benedikte
H.H. Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson
Mr Walther L. Sommerlath
Mrs Karen O'Neill
Ms Annalisa O'Neill
Ms Stefanie O'Neill

From left to right, fourth row


Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld
Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld
Consul General Tord Magnuson
Mrs Ingrid Sommerlath
Princess Margaretha Mrs Ambler
H.R.H. Princess Birgitta
Mr Ralf de Toledo Sommerlath
Mrs Charlotte de Toledo Sommerlath

The Bernadotte Library


A library was included in the plans of the palace that Nicodemus Tessin the Younger was commissioned to draw up after the old Tre Kronor palace was burned down.
However, the library plans of a later architect called Carl Johan Cronstedt were realized, and not those of Tessin. Construction of the library was completed in 1796.
Thanks to the obligatory legal deposits of new books the library's collection grew quickly. At the same time the library's character changed from that of a private royal library to a Swedish National Library.

After time the rooms at the palace became too small and the collection was moved in 1877 to the new National Library in Humlegården, which kept the name the "Royal Library". At the beginning of the 1900s, the Royal Family's private book collections were once again gathered in the palace's library wing. In the 1950s a thorough reorganization and re-categorisation of the library was carried out giving an exact inventory of the books contained in the collection.  The collection today contains books from Gustav IV Adolf to Gustaf VI Adolf and their respective consorts.