The official wedding pictures
The Princess Couple. Photo: Ewa-Marie Rundquist/Kungahuset.se
The photographer was Ewa-Marie Rundquist and the photographs were taken outside the Bernadotte Library.
From left to right, first row Miss Anaïs Sommerlath Miss Lillie von Horn Miss Chloé Sommerlath H.R.H. Princess Madeleine Mr Christopher O'Neill Master Jasper d'AboCount Louis Cajetan Abensperg und Traun Countess Chiara Abensperg und Traun
From left to right, second row H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria H.R.H. Prince Daniel H.M. Queen Silvia H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf Ms Eva Maria O'NeillMr Henry d'AboMrs Tatjana d'Abo Count Ernst Abensperg und TraunCountess Natascha Abensperg
From left to right, third row H.R.H. Princess Benedikte H.H. Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and GothaPrincess Christina Mrs Magnuson Mr Walther L. SommerlathMrs Karen O'NeillMs Annalisa O'Neill Ms Stefanie O'Neill
From left to right, fourth row Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld Consul General Tord Magnuson Mrs Ingrid SommerlathPrincess Margaretha Mrs AmblerH.R.H. Princess BirgittaMr Ralf de Toledo SommerlathMrs Charlotte de Toledo Sommerlath
The Bernadotte Library A library was included in the plans of the palace that Nicodemus Tessin the Younger was commissioned to draw up after the old Tre Kronor palace was burned down. However, the library plans of a later architect called Carl Johan Cronstedt were realized, and not those of Tessin. Construction of the library was completed in 1796. Thanks to the obligatory legal deposits of new books the library's collection grew quickly. At the same time the library's character changed from that of a private royal library to a Swedish National Library.
After time the rooms at the palace became too small and the collection was moved in 1877 to the new National Library in Humlegården, which kept the name the "Royal Library". At the beginning of the 1900s, the Royal Family's private book collections were once again gathered in the palace's library wing. In the 1950s a thorough reorganization and re-categorisation of the library was carried out giving an exact inventory of the books contained in the collection. The collection today contains books from Gustav IV Adolf to Gustaf VI Adolf and their respective consorts.