On Friday 4 September, The King and Queen hosted a Sweden Dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The aim of the Sweden Dinner is to recognise people who have made significant local, regional or national contributions.
The invited guests included representatives from culture, industry, education, sports and organisations in Sweden's 21 counties, as well as all the county governors. Approximately 200 guests were received and welcomed by The King and Queen, The Crown Princess Couple and The Prince Couple in Queen Lovisa Ulrika's Dining Hall. The dinner was served in the Vita Havet Assembly Rooms.
The Sweden Dinner is a form of official dinner held at the Royal Palace of Stockholm, and was introduced in connection with The King's 40th jubilee in 2013.
The King sat next to County Governor Kristina Alsér from Kronoberg County and agriculturist Anna Törnfelt from Gotland County.
The Queen sat next to County Governor Peter Egardt from Uppsala County and CEO of Scandinavian Real Heart Gunnar Nihlén from Västmanland County.
The Crown Princess sat next to County Governor Stefan Carlsson from Kalmar County and CEO of Läckö Castle Foundation Magnus Lönnroth from Västra Götaland County.
Prince Daniel sat next to County Governor Chris Heister from Stockholm County and Regional Manager of Young Enterprise Josefin Wäppling Bernárdzon from Norrbotten County.
Prince Carl Philip sat next to County Governor Maria Larsson from Örebro County and CEO of Energifabriken AB Karin Varverud from Östergötland County.
Princess Sofia sat next to County Governor Kenneth Johansson from Värmland County and Professor Anders Persson from the Center for Medical Image Science and Visualization, Östergötland County.
The Prince Couple's wedding banquet was held in the Vita Havet Assembly Rooms, The Crown Princess Couple danced their wedding waltz here, and it is here that the Nobel Laureates are welcomed each year. This is the palace's old ballroom, with ceiling paintings dating from the 18th century. The Vita Havet Assembly Rooms was originally two separate rooms: the queen's dining room and her guards' hall. The rooms were remodelled in 1845. The central wall was demolished, and the new room was decorated as a banqueting hall and ballroom for King Oskar I and Queen Josefina. The oak parquet flooring with inlaid woods – including birch, mahogany and lemonwood – was laid in 1845.