Prince Carl Philip awards Lilla Barnets Fond children's fund research grants
Prince Carl Philip at the Lilla Barnets Fond children's fund. Photo: Peter Nordahl
On Thursday 28 October, Prince Carl Philip awarded Lilla Barnets Fond children's fund research grants at the Swedish Society of Medicine in Stockholm.
The fund awarded research grants for 2010 to:
- PhD student Elisabeth Stoltz Sjöström, Umeå
- Professor Fredrik Serenius, Umeå
- PhD student Eva Hell, Stockholm
- Professor Jens Schollin, Örebro
- Researcher Changlian Zhu, Gothenburg
In his speech, The Prince said how proud he was of Sweden's long tradition of research into newborn babies and their future health — research that has led to pioneering discoveries.
The Prince is patron of the charity Lilla Barnets Fond, which supports medical research and the development of care for newborn babies in Sweden.