The King Participates in Environmental Seminar
Photo: Jonas Ekströmer/Scanpix
On the occasion of The King´s 60th birthday in 2006, the County Governors of Sweden gave him a joint gift made up of a special seminar concentrating on environmental issues in the Baltic Sea.
The seminar was held in Kalmar and Mönsterås on November 25th and 26th and the goal was to spread knowledge about the Baltic Sea, its ecosystem and environmental state.
The participants included:
- Dr Anna-Stiina Heiskanen, EC Joint Research Center
- Professor David Turner, Gothenburg University
- CEO Katarina Veem, Baltic Sea 2020
- Professor Edna Granéli, Department of Biology and Environmental Science at the University of Kalmar
- Professor Åke Hagström, Gothenburg University
- Dr Jarone Pinhassi, University of Kalmar
- Dr Sif Johansson, The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
The seminar also included a panel debate, with Fredrik Belfrage as moderator, and included:
- Director-General Lars-Erik Liljelund, The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Director-General Axel Wenblad, The Swedish Board of Fisheries
- Dea Carlsson, Södra Östersjöns vattendistrikt. (the southern Baltic water district)
In the evening the County Governor of Kalmar, Sven Lindgren, hosted a dinner at the County Governor´s Residence, followed by a concert with Kalmar Camerata at Kalmar´s Castle.
On Friday, October 26th, there was a visit to a paper factory in Mönsterås, as well as a field trip to a cultural and environmental project started by the municipality of Mönsterås and different non-profit associations.