The fund awarded research grants for 2012 to:
- Staffan Berglund PhD, Norrland University Hospital
- Research student Susanna Danielsson, Karolinska Institutet
- Professor Fredrik Serenius, the Department of Women's and Children's Health, Uppsala University
- Research student Elisabeth Stoltz Sjöström, Umeå University
- Physician Kristbjörg Sveinsdóttir, Skåne University Hospital
- Docent Ulla-Britt Wennerholm, Sahlgrenska University Hospital
The Prince is patron of the Lilla Barnets Fond children's fund.
The Lilla Barnets Fond children's fundThe Lilla Barnets Fond children's fund is a non-profit fund, and was founded in 2008. The aims and goals of the fund are to raise money for research relating to newborn babies, to support the development of new methods for diagnosis and treatment in neonatal care, and to raise public awareness of issues relating to health and disease in newborn babies.